Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dysfunctional Holiday cards


Dysfunctional Holiday cards
Two years ago, I boasted
Of what a great family I had.
Now just two years later they
Have all made me sad.
Because one couple parted ways.
Divided though they stand.
Taking a side of each of them has
Broke our family ban.
I burned your stockings in effigy
With the coal, you should have got.
I shall not spend a dime
Not one present have I bought
I am ashamed of all you have done
Name calling lying and your games.
I need not think of you again
To me you are all insane.
As many old, ones left behind.
In addition, needed never more.
This ends my descendant’s line
To you I shut the door.
This Holiday I will do
What all those old
Are left to share.
I will serve the homeless food and Love
As least, they seem to care.
Random Thoughts of an old white woman jkl

No comments:

Post a Comment