Friday, October 21, 2011

Changing Season

 I haven't published for a week or so many things have been going on in our lives. Some not worth posting at this time so I will speak of the good things.
I was reading an article about living on very little money. About a guy living in his RV. The whole idea is very appealing to many people usually the ones over sixty that have realized that they are owned by their material possessions. Or have had to make the choice of traveling or just sitting in they’re big old fancy house.
I for one tried it last summer. I have an disabled daughter that needs my attention she is however thirty five years old and needs her own room. My husband is a workaholic. So my daughter and I took off to the coast for the summer months. IT WAS GRAND. My daughter had the bedroom because she can have her TV and her laptop for games. For us to survive in a motor home no matter how long we would have to have a two bedrooms. Three people in one motor home (and mine is thirty-five foot.) Will just not work. I think that having a cabana that you could go and pull up along side in the winter would be great. That way you don’t get Cabin fever when one or all three are trying to read, (or in my case write...) play games and or watch football.
 Changing of your direction is the best part. When you get bored park anothr direction.
Most Nat. Parks let you stay fourteen days. That’s long enough for me to see everything with in twenty to fifty miles of a place and I would be ready to move on in summers past.

 However this last summer we just went to the coast of Oregon only eighty or so miles from where we had ... a big old farm house and lots of work. 
 I have to tell you it was the best summer I have had in years Stress free, care free, youthful and I could go on and on. So good in fact that we left our farm and leased a home for the winter. So we are now living in our vacation spot. I won’t sell the motor home because  when next summer comes we have our favorite Pow Wows to attend farther up the coast. So the giant is parked for the winter in the driveway. It wasn’t (and still isn’t) easy for my husband to do this however. He wasn’t keen on the idea of being a week end husband. Therefore, he gave it a great deal of thought and said maybe it is time to slow down and retire again. (At sixty-eight) Duh!
I am as happy as a bed bug in a high rise. I can go to the beach, the pier; watch all the waves crash into the jetty. I am an amateur photographer. Therefore, I never get bored taking picture of how mother nature changes. There's a lot of beautiful scenery in this country and it doesn't cost anything. I don’t buy into the consumerist cycle anymore. I don’t buy anything I don’t need. I have so much that when we decided to have the last three yard sales in order to move I haven’t missed a thing. That is sad to admit but it is true. My material things owned me.
Strangely enough we had lived in this same town many, many years ago and we keep running into people that we knew back when. They are all so friendly. I think it is because they didn’t ever leave the vacation spot. We left to a better job, better income and what for? I ask myself now. At any rate we are back where the good Lord put us in the first place Returning from Texas after a long and horrendous bout with cancer. Fifteen years ago. I feel like I have made a full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment