Thursday, September 29, 2011

Human Services? I question.

You ever want to do something to help someone. However, it seems no one will take you seriously?
I am in a situation like that now. I have the chance to make a safe, reputable home for a couple of kids in foster care. I am retired. Free. Don’t need the money. The responsibility. I am not too old, nor am I senile.
Yet these two deserve a healthy environment. A place to grow up. Have family filled memories. The system is so intense and critical of someone that comes to them ( with no ulterior motives )and says I know of two great kids, that are going to have to move out of their present foster home. They have asked to come to my home. Nevertheless, no one listens to them. They say, “Oh they will just go to the next home in line.” Wow!! Now isn’t that ‘Human’ services! Nothing Humane about that, that I can see. I am eligible, to do this. No records not one ticket in thirty years. No weird fetishes, nothing odd about me (well with the exception that I am White, Born in America, and educated). Nothing to stop them from helping expedite the situation. NO, they say Classes start at the end of the month. No personal touch at all. Our system has become so institutionalized, that it is no wonder that children fall through the cracks. In addition, No one cares what is good, just who has put in the hours. Well for this, I will jump through their hoops. I will take their tests. Take my toe prints while you’re at it. My fingerprints and are a little washed out from doing dishes and scrubbing my home keeping it clean so that my fourteen grandchildren and six great grandchildren could be healthy when they visit. The gall of the job. “Human Services”

No comments:

Post a Comment